At SPEAR, treatments for the hand and upper extremity are administered by both Certified Hand Therapists (PTs/CHTs) and Occupational Therapists (OTs) that specialize in Hand Therapy. We work with patients to decrease pain and restore function to the upper limb to help you fully participate in all of life’s activities.
Who Can Benefit from Hand Therapy?
Hand Therapy is for anyone experiencing pain in an upper extremity (hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder). Conditions treated include:
- Fractures of the hand, wrist, and elbow
- Post-operative, acute, and chronic injuries
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Boutonniere’s and Swan Neck deformities
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Dupuytren’s Contractures
- Ganglion cysts
- Elbow tendonitis
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Trigger Finger
- Wound care
How Does Hand Therapy Work?
We begin Hand Therapy rehab with a complete evaluation using both objective and subjective measurements. Your input plays a significant role in determining your goals for therapy. Where are you experiencing functional deficits? What activities are you missing that you enjoy the most? We will create a personalized treatment plan to address your individual needs and meet your goals.
Specific Hand Therapy treatments may include:
- Hands-on manipulation of joints or soft tissue
- Range of Motion exercises
- Scar massage
- Home exercise program
- Post-operative care
- Custom Splints for Healing or Positioning
- Adaptive Equipment Suggestions
How Much Does Hand Therapy Cost?
Hand Therapy is billed through insurance.